Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Katie Couric CBS Evening News Departure Made Official

Finally putting an end to months of nonstop speculation, Katie Couric has just revealed that she is in fact leaving the anchor desk at "CBS Evening News."

The TV news veteran made the announcement to People magazine earlier today (April 26), telling, "I have decided to step down from the CBS Evening News. I'm really proud of the talented team on the CBS Evening News and the award-winning work we've been able to do in the past five years in addition to the reporting I've done for 60 Minutes and CBS Sunday Morning. In making the decision to move on, I know the Evening News will be in great hands, but I am excited about the future."

As for her future plans, Katie revealed, "I am looking at a format that will allow me to engage in more multi-dimensional storytelling."

Couric added, "The bottom line is that I love doing all kinds of different stories. I have a lot of areas of interest and I want to be able to fulfill all of that."

Charlize Theron John Stamos Emma Watson Woopie Goldberg

No comments:

Post a Comment