Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Bobby Petrino Fired By University of Arkansas Over Jessica Dorrell Affair


The University of Arkansas has fired head football coach Bobby Petrino after he attempted to conceal, and later admitted to an “inappropriate relationship” with his recently hired 25-year-old employee, Jessica Dorrell.

Petrino’s relationship with Dorrell lasted a “significant” amount of time, and at one point, Petrino gave her $20,000 out of his own pocket as a “gift.”

Dorrell, a former Arkansas volleyball player (below), was hired by Petrino on March 28, only four days before both were involved in a motorcycle crash on a rural road outside the city, prompting the coach to lie but ultimately exposing Petrino's affair.

Jessica Dorrell Picture

Jessica Dorrell, who reportedly called off an engagement one week before the accident, has hired a lawyer and could sue for sexual harassment.

As the story unfolded after Petrino crashed his motorcycle 10 days ago, many Arkansas faithful came to their coach’s defense, rallying to show support and pleading with the administration to forgive Petrino and move forward.

But in the end, Bobby Petrino accepted the fate he earned - dismissal.

In a statement, issued after the announcement, Petrino was contrite:

The simplest response I have is: I’m sorry.

These two words seem very inadequate. But that is my heart. All I have been able to think about is the number of people I’ve let down by making selfish decisions. I’ve taken a lot of criticism in the past. Some deserved, some not deserved.

This time, I have no one to blame but myself.

Arkansas Coach

I chose to engage in an improper relationship. I also made several poor decisions following the end of that relationship and in the aftermath of the accident. I accept full responsibility for what has happened.

I’m sure you heard (athletic director) Jeff Long’s reasons for termination. There was a lot of information shared. Given the decision that has been made, this is not the place to debate Jeff’s view of what happened.

In the end, I put him in the position of having to sort through my mistakes and that is my fault. I have hurt my wife Becky and our four children.

I’ve let down the University of Arkansas, my team, coaching staff and everyone associated with the Arkansas Razorback football program.

Eva Longoria Parker Ben Affleck Situation

No comments:

Post a Comment