Thursday, January 20, 2011

5 Reasons to Watch 'Parks and Recreation' Season 3 That Boil Down to 'Duh'

NUP_140082_0729.JPGI could write a book about how great Parks and Recreation season 2 was, and how stupid it was for NBC to bump season 3 to mid-season, and how incredibly funny season 3 (of which I have now seen seven--SEVEN!--episodes) is going to be. I could write a book because I feel THAT passionately about Parks and Recreation as one of the best (best written, best acted and, perhaps most important of all, best at making you feel gosh-darn good) comedies on TV right now, and I want everyone in the world to agree with me if they don't already. I want George Washington to look down from heaven and think, "Oh no, my one regret for having created America instead of living in America's future is that I was dead before I got a chance to watch Parks and Recreation." I honestly want that. I want George Washington's ghost to be jealous of US.

The book would be called Parks and Recreation: Watch It Or Die With Regrets, and all the jacket quotes would be like, "Not hyperbolic in the slightest!" and "I see the light, and now I love this show more than my wife!" But who would want to read a boring old book when they could just watch Parks and Recreation and see what I mean with his or her very own eyeballs? How many ways are there to say, "This show is the best, and you're only robbing yourself of fun by reading a dumb book instead"?

My insane strength of conviction SHOULD be enough to compel you to watch the strong-as-ever Parks and Recreation when it premieres after The Office tomorrow night at 9:30pm. But for the questioners, doubters and George Washington's ghosts out there (in your FACE, #1 Dead Prez!), here are five big, essential reasons to watch:

Josh Holloway Bristol Palin Michael Jackson Michael Bolton

No comments:

Post a Comment