Saturday, March 19, 2011

Karen Rodriguez on Leaving Idol and Her 'What It Is-Ness'

Filed under:

Despite her departure last night, New York's Karen Rodriguez has no regrets about her bilingual approach to 'American Idol.'

In a conference call with the press this afternoon, Karen emphasized the importance of being true to her self on her 'Idol' journey.

"I've always had a vision of myself being a Latin-American artist and just to be able to sing a song of that magnitude (Mariah Carey's 'Hero'0 in both languages on the number one show in America, on a show called 'American Idol'...

"But I've always said that America is a big melting pot and there's so many cultures, so much diversity that it could be called 'American Idol' but (laughs) it's certainly not, you know everybody on the show brings their own style and that was just my way of expressing myself and showing America who I really was."

 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Howard Stern John Lennon Adam Sandler Reese Witherspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment