Monday, February 28, 2011

EastEnders star Neil McDermott apologises for cheating on wife with a 16-year-old fan

[Images: Mr Paparazzi/Big Pictures Words: Staff Writer]

This sounds like it?s a plot straight out of EastEnders, but it?s not it?s real life and it?s pretty horrid. Neil McDermott, who plays Ryan Malloy in the soap, has apologised to his wife ? who gave birth to their daughter a few weeks ago ? today for sleeping with a 16-year-old fan.

Apparently the actor met the young female fan while playing a Blind Date-style game at Glam nightclub in Stockton-on-Tees last week. According to reports she was in the audience and got talking to Neil after the game and then went to visit him at his hotel the following day.

They slept together and now Neil has issued a statement about the incident, saying:

"I am so sorry to my wife, daughter and our family for this betrayal. I love my wife and family dearly and I'm distraught that my life is now in tatters due to a stupid mistake.

"This was a one-off incident but I've let myself down as well as my wife and everyone who knows me. Now I just need privacy and time to do all I can to rebuild my family."

"I've no excuse for my actions but I had no idea the girl wasn't over 18 as we met in a nightclub. Either way, I've caused heartache to those I love most which I deeply regret.?

It?s not much in the way of apologies is it?

FIND US ON >> Facebook... Bebo... MySpace... Twitter...

True Blood Kylie Minogue Nick Cannon Natalie Portman

No comments:

Post a Comment