Sunday, February 20, 2011

'American Idol' Makes its Final Cuts in Hollywood

AI10HollywoodWeek_101209__0179.JPGAfter the hellish but also incredibly delightful group round, the remaining 100 or so American Idol hopefuls must perform in front of the judges solo. This is a make-or-break event for the contestants, as a great performance could really save them for weeks to come (Andrew Garcia's acoustic "Straight Up," anyone?). Also, if they're not featured tonight, followed by a shot of J. Lo radiating approval, there's no guarantee they will get votes from "America."

Haley Reinhart is up first with her crackly but girly voice that I am starting to adore. I was expecting to be a lot more critical this season -- and I'm sure that time will come -- but for now I'm just enjoying watching all these young people who are more talented than I could ever hope to be.

Ed Helms Bradley Cooper Ken Jeong Kate Beckinsale

No comments:

Post a Comment