Thursday, May 24, 2012

Miranda Lambert Talks Country, Taylor Swift with W

She's one of the most popular ladies in country music, and Miranda Lambert was chosen to front a feature included in the June 2012 issue of W magazine.

The 28-year-old "Over You" singer donned designer pieces such as a Lyn Devon angora-blend sweater, a Burberry Prorsum beaded-neckline knit top and a Diane von Furstenberg embossed lambskin jacket for the Santiago & Mauricio shot spread lining the pages while talking about everything from her and hubby Blake Shelton's living arrangements to Taylor Swift's impact on country music.

Highlights from Miss Lambert's interview are as follows. For more, be sure to pay a visit to W!

On her and husband Blake Shelton's living arrangements:
?We mostly live at Blake?s, but, if you?re pissed, [my ranch] 10 miles away is far enough. If we have a fight, I can say, ?Go home? or ?I?m going home.???

On her persona:
?The tough-girl thing comes naturally to me. When I started out, I?d only wear jeans and tank tops. No dresses. I didn?t want these dudes in the bars that I was playing to look me up and down because I?m a blonde girl with blue eyes. I wanted to be heard, not seen. That?s how it all started.?

On Taylor Swift's impact on country music :
?Taylor Swift is a pop singer. But she really helped country music. When she hit, I was thinking, Thank God Taylor?s out there to show people we?re not cheesy. Some people still think that country music is twangy and cheesy, and they pigeonhole us. But I thought if they?re looking for Taylor?s videos or songs, they might see or hear other people they like. If her fans are watching for her, they might like me too.?

On women in country music:
?It?s tough for a girl to be a headliner in country music. For instance, I can?t get a sponsor. I love alcohol! You would think a beer company would sponsor me. I?m my own damn sponsor. And I put on my own eyeliner. A woman?s work is never done.?

Demi Moore Ashton Kutcher Howard Stern

No comments:

Post a Comment